Monday, October 19, 2009

Not a One Night Stand but a Lifetime

"Not a One Night Stand but a Lifetime."

I don't want a one night stand but a lifetime
I want to honor my Heavenly Father and you.
I don't want to taste the pie, not just a slice but the
whole thing I want when I say I Do.
I want Love I'm not into sex it's unfulfilling
it's empty and there's no bonding at all.
I want a wife not a whore I want a lifetime
commitment not a one night stand Coochie call.
I'm special and you are special we were created
in the image and in the likeness of pure Love.
We weren't created by Lucifer so why do we act
like we're his and do any wicked thing we think of.
We cheat and hurt one another and say we Love
them when outside of having Yah's spirit we're void of it.
When I walked around in darkness it was about having
my flesh fed through sex, it wasn't Love I'll admit.
I didn't feel the oneness and the heart to heart I wasn't
concerned or did I truly care except about me.
When you are in darkness you are blind to what's real
and what's true in life you cannot see.
I don't want a one night stand as so many who are still
in darkness want that's not what I yearn for or desire.
I'm praying to share the Love that is now within my
spirit with someone I'll forever cherish and admire.
I don't want to play house I don't want nothing less
than what Yah placed in my spirit and that's a wife.
He created marriage in the garden and through
Love I want to be obedient to Him for the rest of my life.
There's only confusion on the other side when you're
in darkness relationships and marriages are falling apart.
Marriage is more than a piece of paper and more than
legal sex when you have true Love in your heart.
I'm not about to give myself in a one night stand
when I have so much to lose.
So I'll wait and stay celibate instead of being unfaithful
to Yah and myself this is the way that I choose.
I don't want anything less than what Yah wants for me
so there's no one night stand not a slice, or a taste but the whole.
It's not about me but Yah comes first it's about serving Him
not my flesh, so marrying one of His Daughters is my goal.

shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment