Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Daddy

"Daddy."

Yesterday I had a tears moment on the
bus this little boy dropped an object.
With a smile and sparkle in his eye he said
Daddy did you get it and tears came as I reflect.
On being a parent and being called Daddy
but Daddy isn't what many want to be.
Many want the sex but not the female
and certainly not the responsibility.
The fatherless children aren't whole as they
should be although some Mamas are doing their part.
But when it takes two to make what many call a mistake
It only shows Lust, confusion and
for certain no Love in the heart.
Many are too busy to hear Daddy they are
too caught up in their day to day life.
Not only are they not trying to hear Daddy
their Baby's Mama ain't hearing wife.
Once again you can't make a Whore a Housewife
and for sure you'll never make one a Husband too.
Being examples to their children of parent hood
is one thing many of them can't do.
Being a Daddy shouldn't be a job you hate or
a problem they're just children that's all.
But it is a problem to too many males who didn't want
children or a family but only made a booty call.
There are too many children suffering behind the
irresponsibility of their whorish parents it's a shame.
You both knew what you were doing in bed
but upon birth you can't give what's yours your name.
I'm sorry I wasn't the person I am now
with the spirit that I now have within me.
It would not have been about sex but Love
and before sex there would have been matrimony.
I praise Yah for the sensitive person I am now
what I couldn't see and feel before I do today.
Since steps are in front of a house her children
will be our children Yah gave them to me too I say.
Not only poet but Daddy and Husband
I want the responsibility that makes a male a man.
Being a Daddy with the spirit of Yah for He is our
Daddy and through Him I can say I can.

shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment