Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It Feels Like 5th Grade

"It Feels Like 5th Grade."

It feels like 5th grade and you're the prettiest
girl in the whole entire class.
Being shy my mouth won't open to say hi, I'm
a Chicken so I just look in the hallway when you pass.
Those are memories and they seem to be coming
back and my shyness I thought I out grew.
Up until I again saw the prettiest girl but this time
in life I got weak when my eyes fell on you.
It feels like the 5th grade and you are an Angel,
a Princess, and a Beautiful Hebrew Queen.
From head to toe you've got to be the prettiest
girl in the world I've ever seen.
It feels like the 5th grade and I have my first real
crush and I'm just too shy to say anything.
I'm taking every penny I can get or find and placing
them in the Bubble gum machine to get the perfect ring.
To go along with the poem Roses are Red Violets are Blue
I want to fall in Love and Marry my Dream come true.
Now finding the courage to walk over to you is what
my mind is thinking but my feet don't want to move too.
It feels like the 5th grade the way my heart beats when I
look your way your smile has captured my heart.
More Beautiful than the Mona Lisa or anything an artist
could imagine you are truly a heavenly work of art.
It feels like the 5th grade and you've taken me
back to a time things were so much simpler for me.
Where I would day dream of just holding your hand
and instead of the words in the book it was your face I'd see.
Unlike the 5th grade you're more than just pretty
your total Beauty is truly overwhelming and heartfelt.
King Kong would have a little heart swirling around
his head one look at you and his heart would melt.
Your personality your kindness the soft spoken way
you convey the emotions you feel.
I praise the day my eyes were blessed to look upon
you nothing ever before in my heart felt so real.
It feels like the 5th grade again but this time you're
not just the prettiest girl but the most Beautiful one totally.
Unlike the 5th grade I'm not about to let you get away
and I hope you'll say yes when I propose matrimony.

written October 25th 2009
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment