Saturday, August 20, 2011

Midnight Call

"Midnight Call."

I was sleeping and the phone rang and I heard
a sweet voice say I'm sorry but I couldn't sleep.
I just needed to talk to you I feel like I need to be
held because I'm going through something deep.
I said I'll be there but we can talk as I drive and when I
get there we can sit on the sofa all night if we have to.
We will listen to some soft music and share what's going
on and can talk about what they're going through.
When someone who Loves you calls you should be there
for them at anytime night or day.
You could be the voice they need to hear with the
right words from the Most High to say.
Yah can speak to others through those He uses to
deliver a word that they may need to hear.
People are going and growing through so much in
these last days and so many are living in fear.
When I reached her she was relieved just to have me
there and I sat on the sofa and she cuddled up next to me.
She put her head on my lap and we talked for awhile
the next thing I know she was knocked out completely.
Sometimes you need someone to talk to someone who
will listen as you vent and as you release.
We need to have an ear that's connected to our hearts
so the right words we can tell them to bring them peace.
A midnight call from someone who could not sleep who
needs to hear the voice of a friend.
Someone who knows the right words to say to touch in
the sweetest way to bring their troubles to an end.
To those I Love we are all family and we must be
available to hear their trouble and give an answer too.
Losing some sleep to come to someone's rescue is an
unselfish act and something we should be ready to do.
Life can be hectic for so many maybe there's drama
going on or maybe they just want to talk to you.
You never know what you losing some sleep may bring
to someone else you can be the one to make them feel new.
I woke up after getting a midnight call and I was able
to be a help to a friend who needed to hear my voice.
When you're of Yah you're on call for those who need you so
when she rang my phone through Yah she made a good choice.

Seriously call if you need to talk.
Shalom,
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com
8/20/11

No comments:

Post a Comment