Thursday, August 18, 2011

Journal of Love

"Journal of Love."

We met one day at the Supermarket I was passing
out a card to promote my poetry.
You were more than interested in what I had on my
blog and you wanted to talk to me.
One night I received an email that had your number
and I called and we talked from 8:30 until the morning light.
I read some of the sweetest romantic pieces over the phone
it was like we've known each other forever not just one night.
Well on our first date I brought over a Teddy Bear for you
to name and a journal to write our Love Story down in.
It was our Journal of Love and it would chronicle
all the times we spend together so you can begin.
She was excited and said she would name the Bear later
but she began to write our names in it and drew a heart too.
She said this is the beginning of a truly great Love Story
we will write together from our first meeting to I Do.
Every night she would read me a page from our journal
her thoughts that she had written down throughout the day.
I would answer her thoughts with those of my own and
she too would hear the sweetest words I would be inspired to say.
I know this poem is mushy for some but emotions should be
shared and through the poetry I'm blessed to share them.
The Love I feel will one day be shared in a Journal of
Love but Yah gets the praises as I do mention Him.
I pray this will inspire a true Love Story that you will
write and share because it's really all about Love.
When two hearts are blessed to meet the presence of Yah
is there and then the sweetest thoughts you can think of.
Thoughts of them before you go to sleep where you fall
asleep on the phone not wanting to hang up on them first.
Thoughts of how close you are and when she hurts you
feel it and a promise to be there for better or worst.
When you feel don't be afraid to share those emotions a
real man feels and is able to express his sensitivity.
A woman who Loves wants to feel what her heart has
yearned to express to you in more ways than intimacy.
A Journal of Love is a nice idea for the romantic who
want to write down and later share with that special one.
In these times of relationship insanity I just want to meet
someone with a heart and start to have fun.

Also write Love poems to inspire others.
Shalom.
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com
8/17/11

No comments:

Post a Comment