Sunday, July 3, 2011

Shiny on the Outside Rotten Within

"Shiny on the Outside Rotten Within."

This morning not more than 10 minutes ago I purchased
an Apple that was pretty and shiny but rotten within.
It left a nasty taste in my mouth but it inspired me to
write this poem so to the heart of the issue let's begin.
Just like the Apple so are people who look good on the
outside but who are rotten spiritually to the core.
Just like their father shatan who was created perfect in
Beauty but as Beautiful as he was even rotten so much more.
Many even leave you with a bad taste because of their
attitudes and the way they feel so high above you.
Shatan wanted to be above the Most High this is the same
spirit that these people have in them too.
Their looks like shatan have obviously gone to their heads
but looks are temporary as everyday this flesh rots away.
Too many have heard the admiration of the other Angels
and they were lifted up in spirit from what others say.
I thought I picked a good Apple by the appearance but
don't we do this when we choose a mate.
We look on the outside to see how good they look yet within where
we can't see they could be as rotten as my Apple I almost ate.
I threw the Apple away and counted it as a loss as this is also
happening in many relations that are falling apart.
You see you could have a nice shiny appearance like my
Apple did but could but rotten with no Love in your heart.
You see I chose a bad Apple but I'm leaving the selecting
of my wife and lifetime companion to the Most High.
I picked a bad Apple so you know I can't choose a mate from
just looking because I know our eyes do lie.
We see what we enjoy in the flesh feeding it to a degree
yet when it comes to what we need we don't really know.
So to the one who created me in prayer I take my request
to Him who formed the Heavens and Earth I shall go.
He won't pick a rotten Apple for me but it will be good
from the outside to the inside and sweet to the taste as well.
You see when He does a good work in your life we are to
testify of His goodness to others this we should tell.
Not everything that looks good is good for within they
may contain a demon or a disease and then you truly lose.
I chose a rotten Apple that looked good to my eyes so in a
mate I'm not even trying I'll let the Most High choose.

Still want an Apple
Shalom,
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com
7/23/11

No comments:

Post a Comment