Monday, October 4, 2010

From the Moment I Looked in Your Eyes

"From the Moment I Looked in Your Eyes."

From the moment after I entered the room and
our eyes met I knew it was you.
The one whom I yearned and prayed about
the dream that I hoped one day would come true.
When you walked into the room time seemed to stand
still and no one else seemed to matter who was there.
I mean the place was crowded and you were the only
one I saw in the room with people everywhere.
We couldn't stop looking at each other I thought it was
my imagination but I dared not look away.
I finally made my way over where you were
and both our words got fumbled in what we had to say.
Your smile lit up the room the Sun hid behind a cloud
for cover because it was so bright.
Your eyes even seemed to sparkle and twinkle
as if they were enhanced by the light.
The moment seemed like magic and yet perfect and the
sound that was playing I couldn't hear.
Everything became a blur but once we got closer
and you were standing so near.
From the moment I looked into your eyes my heart
was captured I was smitten totally.
There was no one else at the party or ever in life
that at that moment I cared to see.
As I heard your voice it was as Stevie said I didn't
know that sound could be so sweet.
This was an act of the Most High's Love for this
moment to happen for us to ever meet.
From the moment I looked into your eyes and saw
how you looked at me through your heart as well.
I knew that this moment was special for you and
from the look on your face I could tell.
There had to be a rejoicing in Heaven because there
was one going on in my heart.
From the moment I looked into your eyes I knew that
a team of wild horses couldn't pull us apart.
From the moment I looked into your eyes I saw the Gift
the only thing I ever will need from this day forward in life.
When I looked into your Beautiful eyes I found Love from
the one Yah sent to become my wife.

Shalom,
Speaking those things as if they were
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment