Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On This Day I Give My Heart

"On This Day I Give My Heart."

On this day I give you my heart as we stay at the
altar with your hand in mine.
The vows I'll recite will come from my heart and
convey the Love as I read every line.
I through the power of Yah will promise to Love and
protect you with my very life.
I will honor you as my gift from Heaven that will be
made whole when you become my wife.
On this day I give you my heart and all of me
through the spirit of the Most High.
I pledge to be faithfully yours as the husband
you prayed for as time goes by.
Through sickness and in health I will be by your side
in Love with you more and more each day.
If I may borrow a line from a movie "Your breathing
is my gift" I praise Yah for you in every way.
On this day as I give you my heart in the presence
of the Most High and the Angels I feel Joy unspeakably.
For the woman who in my fondest dreams I couldn't
imagine is standing here next to me.
More than my camera has ever captured more than
I dared to pray Wow is in simple terms how I feel.
At this moment I dare not look at my watch because
I know your Beauty has made time itself stand still.
On this day as I give you my heart and dedicate my
life to making you happy forever more.
With the favor and blessings of Yah there's so much
Love and Lovemaking that we have in store.
I will finally know what unspeakable pleasure is and
our deep breathing will sound like a symphony.
A song that has waited so long to be played one that
will be heard almost endlessly.
On this day as I give you my heart I will recite my heart
as you recite yours and my ears will be filled.
Words that I longed to hear and words I've longed
to say both our hearts will be thrilled.
As I kiss my bride I anticipate unwrapping the Joy
that our bed will so wonderfully hold.
A treasure unlike anything ever discovered but one
worth more than her very weight in gold.

Shalom,
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment