Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Romantic Routine

"Our Romantic Routine."

I wake up to a Good morning she lays her
head on my chest and we say our prayers too.
We then turn on our theme song and our Lover's
anthem Kenny Lattimore's For You.
Some mornings we make Love but we always
shower together I wash your back you wash mine.
It's all about becoming one in spirit as well
as physical and that's our bottom line.
I shea butter my baby all over as other
Love songs play.
We kiss and say I Love you and we wish
each other to have a Good day.
Big Hugs are mandatory and they must
last two to three minutes at least.
Hug therapy is so much needed it is
a great way to release.
While we're away we text each other
I Love and Miss you when we get the chance.
I think about how we are going to have fun
when we get home with some Love and Romance.
We've learned to follow Alicia Keys' song
"Like You'll Never See Me Again" to heart.
Because there is no guarantee we'll see each other
whether or not the Most High may pull us apart.
When we get home we hug and kiss and we head
to the shower before we go to the kitchen to cook.
Everyday I let my wife know that she is still my
blessing and tell her just how good she looks.
We turn on the music and sing along she grabs
the spoon as if it's a microphone and I background.
We are two spirits who really Love and enjoy
being together in the kitchen we really get down.
Bedtime comes with a prayer and we snuggle up and
more music to relax us as we play under the sheets.
We finally go to sleep after we give each other
our romantic bedtime treats.
Our romantic routine is satisfying and pleasing
one another putting the other first in our life.
As we die daily to self and become selfless it
becomes easier to become the roles of husband and wife.

shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment