Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Best Friend's Ex

"My Best Friend's Ex."

When we were coming up we had standards and
one was to never date someone the other had.
But in this day and age many don't have those same
standards and the times we're living in are sad.
I ate left overs but I never dated any of my friend's
left overs and it is something that I'd never do.
They say don't say never but I treasure myself I have
self worth and decency and Yah's spirit too.
Some things you just don't do but today anything goes
but the seeds they sow they shall reap harshly some day.
You see whatever you do comes with a price and with your
life through unrepented sin you shall pay.
Morals, Values, Virtues, and Standards may as well be
Chinese because those 4 many don't understand.
Yah is going to deal with those who do such things it's
all through Scripture things have gotten out of hand.
I never wanted what any of my friends had that was
nasty to me going behind them that was my mindset.
But there are many who don't share my ways they'll
sleep with their wife and yours too if that chance they get.
Some things you just don't share like males and females
but this is happening much too often today.
Then you wonder why there are STD's out here who
are taking many lives wiping many people away.
Another thing is if I have the standards I want someone
in my life to share those values from Yah also.
I'm not going to be unevenly yoked there is no union
between light and darkness you had better know.
Yah has kept me celibate and I'm not going to share
His temple with someone who is not worthy.
I'm not into sex but Love I don't want temporary
but I want all that Yah has and an eternity.
I'm not settling but being selective and letting Him
bring my Queen into my life.
You can find a whore on any corner on any day or night
I want to please Yah by allowing Him to send me a wife.
My best friend's ex or my best friend's friend hell to the
No I'm not going out like that.
Being filled with Yah's spirit and having self worth
to me is really where it's at.

shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment