Monday, September 20, 2010

Are You Feeling It

"Are You Feeling it."

You were under the influence when you asked
to marry me.
Are you feeling it or was the substance talking
please tell me in all honesty.
Are you feeling the depth of your proposal
like I am with those words you don't play.
I'm probably more than anyone you had in your
life I'm not your sperm depository I'm not just a lay.
I'm the one who trusts in you and who Loves you
I'm the one who took your seed and bore you a son.
But if you're not feeling your words in all
truthfulness then I'm not sticking around I'm not the one.
Are you feeling it like you felt my body and
I gave you what you wanted and lied to get.
I'm the one who over looked it and believed there was
some goodness but I hope that decision I won't regret.
Are you feeling it in your heart or was
it something sweet to say.
Something you thought would make me feel good
or say Yes to with no delay.
You see with you being under the influence your
mouth may have said words that were in your heart.
I know because I've heard lies before from
guys who played that part.
If you're not really feeling those words you
need to be honest and let me know.
Because I can't spend the rest of my life waiting
for you to come around when I can let you go.
It may hurt but I've been hurt before but it eventually
stopped hurting and I got over them too.
So if you're not feeling these words I'll be ready to
move on and be ready to get over you.
I heard the title from a Sister this morning and this
poem Yah led my spirit to write.
I hope this is going to give someone out there some
encouragement and deep insight.
The world doesn't end when you have to move on
it only means they're making room in your life.
You need to see yourself as a Queen and not the
Queen of whores when you're good enough to be a wife.

inspired by: Tiffany
Shalom,
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment