Saturday, March 19, 2011

Interested

"Interested."

I’m writing this poem from what a friend told me
about a woman who was supposedly interested in him.
She claimed that he moved too slow so she moved
on and she's not with them.
You see she never told him she was interested so my
question is how was he supposed to know.
Granted there are people who can't see the signs
and many of us are either shy or just plain slow.
Interested in someone please let them know
they may not be ignoring them but just can't see.
So many are afraid of being rejected so they won't
confess their heart inwardly.
Interested in someone then let them know you never
know what could become of it.
The two of you could be great together who knows
how Beautiful you may be to comprise the perfect fit.
I know I still have a shyness about me and the poetry
is a way for me to let others know what I feel.
Not everyone can express themselves outwardly
or emotionally and this is real.
If you're interested let someone know don't keep it
to yourself speak up don't hold back your peace.
If you're catching each other's eye repeatedly
I think it would be wise for words to be released.
Interested then let me know I'd Love to hear your
thoughts and spend hours on the phone.
We can become the best of friends and maybe more
it's a whole lot better than spending that time alone.
There should not be a rule who makes the first move
the one who is interested in something this they should do.
You never know how this may work out this could be the
one that will bring out the best in you.
If you're interested in someone let them know don't move
on then tell them I tried to wait.
If you're interested in someone why not pursue it you never
know if they could be your mate.
Interested in me I might be interested to know how you feel
so why not speak up and take the chance.
This could open the doors to very wonderful and Beautiful
times where winter leads to spring time romance.

inspired by Charles Trask
Shalom,
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment