Saturday, July 24, 2010

As Long As it's With You

"As Long as it's with You."

I could take a walk in the park or go for a
movie these would be nice to do.
How about getting a snowball or take a Streetcar
ride as long as it's with you.
There isn't anything I could think of that I would
not want to experience or enjoy without you by my side.
We could go on a African safari or travel 20,000
leagues beneath the sea or take a rocket ship ride.
As long as it's with you the one I really care
about with feelings words cannot convey.
You're someone I pray for and ask Yah for a
special blessing on your life everyday.
I could lay out a blanket in the park and
get the picnic basket and the wine.
I could bring my notebook and become
inspired to write a true romantic line.
I could go out to dinner or eat a hot dog
Woolworth with you my Love.
I could do anything and everything as long
as I'm with the sweetest one I dream of.
As long as it's with you no matter what
we do I'm satisfied having you there.
We could sit at home snuggling on the sofa
we don't have to go anywhere.
As long as it's with you I'm happy because
you're my world and all the Love that's in it too.
You're the most Beautiful part of living
you make it bearable to go and grow through.
I could go to the grocery and spend hours on
end walking around Wal*Mart.
I could be in the Mall window shopping holding
hands with the one who holds my heart.
I could stand in a line waiting or on a bus as long
as I'm with you I really don't mind.
Because every moment with you I'm learning
to cherish because truly you're one of a kind.
As long as it's with you I could go any place, any time
because with you the moments are always right.
I could travel to distant worlds as long as I'm with
the one whom Yah has made my heart's delight.

Shalom,
shelly david wright, poet
healingheartspoetry@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment